Celebrate the Start Of 2017 With Fireworks, Fine Dining, Extreme Sports, World-Class Concerts and an Unbeatable Climate
For travelers searching for a festive, last-minute destination with plenty to offer this holiday season – iconic warm-weather paradise Acapulco is the answer. The city’s exciting nightlife, cultural traditions and broad range of events and attractions provide visitors unbeatable fun in the sun and the promise of renewed vigor for 2017.
During the final month of the year, Mexico’s largest and most dazzling port city’s hotels, restaurants and tourist sites are decked out with tropical holiday spirit and ready to celebrate the season and the new year. Its golden sand beaches and tropical climate let travelers enjoy a diverse range of activities day or night, with enticing activities for single travelers, couples or the entire family.
Below are some options for enjoying the best possible year-end festivities in a destination that has inspired celebrities such as Liz Taylor, Frank Sinatra and Luis Miguel:
· Fireworks: The season’s top attraction will be a sensational New Year’s fireworks extravaganza that will accentuate Acapulco Bay. Watch the sky light up in multiple colors from the comfort of your hotel room or one of this resort city’s glorious main beaches.
· Giant-balloon Parade: In the style of the famous Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, Acapulco’s sky will be the scenario for giant balloon characters such as Superman, Batman, Hello Kitty, Gingerbread Man, Santa Claus, among others. This celebration is filled with music and activities catered for the whole family.
· World-Class Entertainment: Acapulco’s most popular series of events to celebrate the New Year is the Mega Feria Imperial, featuring concerts, food, music and a wide offer of entertainment. Mundo Imperial and its hotels, including the iconic Princess Mundo Imperial and Pierre Mundo Imperial, will bid farewell to 2016 with recording artists Moderatto, Cristian Castro and Yuridia, as well as Rio Roma, Ha*Ash, and Los Buitres de Culiacan. The former trio will raise the curtain on the proceedings with their most memorable hits while the latter will put the finishing touches on what is sure to be an unforgettable show.
· Dancing the Night Away: The party never ends in Acapulco. Those who want to move to the beat while welcoming the new year can choose from a wide range of nightlife options including popular party spots Palladium and Baby’O Acapulco, as well as entertaining batucadas, or Brazilian-themed parties at the main hotels.
· Sun, Sand, and Sea: Acapulco’s more than 17 beaches, which extend from Barra Vieja to Pie de la Cuesta, are this port’s main attraction. Some of the most popular are Hornos, Condesa, Caleta, and Caletilla, all of which are ideal areas for practicing water sports or relaxing on the beach and enjoying a magical sunset.
· Conquering the Waves: Water sports are among the most popular attractions for visitors. A strong swell allows surfers to hunt the best waves and showcase their skills at beaches along the bay, including Revolcadero and Bonfil.
· Delight Your Palate: The port’s gastronomy is internationally-acclaimed. with diverse flavors of the sea fused with modern cuisine to create unique dishes for visitors to savor. From traditional plates like ceviche or talla-style fish to exotic international fusion cuisine, this destination offers an immense variety of options for an exquisite year-end dining experience.