Acapulco is a city of year-round music, sports and food-filled festivals, many set alongside its beautiful Pacific beachfront. No matter when international and local visitors decide to vacation in the famous Mexican Riviera, with dozens of events studded across the calendar, there is something for everybody, from all night dance celebrations to events highlighting the tasty bounty of the Pacific Ocean.
- Scheduled for mid-July of 2017, the Corona SunSets is a massive beach party concert held on the waterfront at the Princess Hotel. The event is sponsored by Corona, one of the country’s most famous beers, representing the essence of a Mexican summer. This past July 16, 2016 version of the festival featured dance, techno, house and electronica musical sensations Bakermat, Route 94, Capital Cities, Jack Novak and Holy Ghost.
- Music lovers won’t want to miss Tropico, a three-day festival full of non-stop entertainment, held this year from December 2-4 in the Hotel Pierre Mundo Imperial on the Costera De Las Palmas. Festival goers and musicians come from all over the world for this beachfront festival, among the most important on the global music circuit. Some of the musical artists and DJs headlining Tropico this December include Brian Wilson, Devendra Banhart, Las Palmeras, Todd Terje, Bonobo, Seun Kuti & Egypt, Mount Kimbie and Greg Wilson and among many others. Tropico is about more than just music as art displays, events celebrating fashion, tropical cocktail drenched pool parties and delicious food are all part of the celebration.
- Celebrate New Year's Eve in Acapulco with the traditional gala and fireworks, including a 100,000-firework display and 20,000 released cantoya balloons at the Bay St. Lucia, Bay of Puerto Marques, or Pie de la Cuesta.
- Hosted by the World Surf League, the Vans Surf Open is an annual event at Acapulco’s Revolcadero Beach in July and is attended by professional surfers from all over the world.
- The Abierto Mexicano de Tenis (AMT) is one of the most prestigious sport events in Latin America, attended by many famous commercial brands and celebrities. The tennis tournament takes place within the arenas of men's ATP and women's WTA. The AMT takes place in Acapulco in the Fairmont Acapulco Princess Complex, featuring a clay surface.
- Take part in this traditional Paellas Fesival, a culinary art event where you can try and taste several variations of this exquisite dish. This festival takes place in May and guetss are invited to enjoy paellas cooked on the beachfront at Elcano Hotel.
In addition to this snap shot of topnotch tournaments and festivals, Acapulco’s cuisine, adventure and cultural experiences are available throughout the year. As Mexico’s original beach destination, travelers can still enjoy Acapulco’s renowned tourist attractions including: the cliff divers show at La Quebrada, a tradition in the port since 1932, which will celebrate its 83rd anniversary during 2017; the famous murals by Diego Rivera; the 400-year-old museum Fort of San Diego, where visitors can discover the history of the destination, scuba diving and snorkeling at La Roqueta Island, and more.